By Lorin Hochstein
Among the numerous configuration administration instruments to be had, Ansible has a few precise advantages—it’s minimum in nature, you don’t have to set up something in your nodes, and it has a simple studying curve. This functional consultant indicates you the way to be effective with this software speedy, even if you’re a developer deploying code to construction or a method administrator trying to find a greater automation solution.
Author Lorin Hochstein indicates you the way to put in writing playbooks (Ansible’s configuration administration scripts), deal with distant servers, and discover the tool’s genuine strength: integrated declarative modules. You’ll notice that Ansible has the performance you wish and the simplicity you desire.
- Understand how Ansible differs from different configuration administration systems
- Use the YAML dossier layout to put in writing your personal playbooks
- Learn Ansible’s help for variables and facts
- Work with a whole instance to installation a non-trivial application
- Use roles to simplify and reuse playbooks
- Make playbooks run quicker with ssh multiplexing, pipelining, and parallelism
- Deploy purposes to Amazon EC2 and different cloud platforms
- Use Ansible to create Docker pictures and set up Docker containers