By Rickford Grant, Phil Bull
Ubuntu brings Linux to the hundreds, however it can nonetheless be intimidating for newcomers, neophytes, and geeks-in-training. With Ubuntu Made Easy via your part you may be able to face any problem, and you can observe simply how enjoyable Linux can be.
Packed with assistance, tips, and precious tips, Ubuntu Made Easy gets you up and working with the world's most well-liked loose working method. Authors Rickford furnish and Phil Bull stroll you thru universal projects like fitting and enjoying video games, getting access to your favourite social networks, troubleshooting and software program difficulties, interacting along with your home windows install, and more.
With the aid of the book's uncomplicated factors and step by step initiatives, you are going to additionally learn the way to:
- Set up printers, scanners, USB flash drives, and different hardware
- Install and play unfastened video games like Frets on fireplace and Frozen Bubble in addition to advertisement hits like Braid and international of Goo
- Watch DVDs, take heed to song, and sync your cellular devices
- Edit and proportion electronic images and videos
- Create files, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Work with the command line (or steer clear of it altogether!)
If you are looking for a pain-free method to research Linux, Ubuntu Made Easy is simply what you want to start. Covers Ubuntu 12.04, distinctive Pangolin. comprises LiveCD.