By Syed Ali
Practical Linux Infrastructure teaches you the way to exploit the easiest open resource instruments to construct a brand new Linux infrastructure, or regulate an latest infrastructure, to make sure it stands as much as enterprise-level wishes. every one bankruptcy covers a key quarter of implementation, with transparent examples and step by step instructions.
Using this booklet, you’ll comprehend why scale issues, and what issues you want to make. You’ll see the best way to change to utilizing Google Cloud Platform on your hosted resolution, tips on how to use KVM in your virtualization, how you can use Git, Postfix, and MySQL on your model keep watch over, e mail, and database, and the way to exploit Puppet in your configuration administration. For enterprise-level fault tolerance you’ll use Apache, and for load balancing and excessive availability, you will use HAProxy and Keepalived. For development research you’ll use Cacti, and for notification you’ll use Nagios. You’ll additionally how to make the most of BIND to enforce DNS, tips on how to use DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), and the way to setup distant entry in your infrastructure utilizing VPN and Iptables. you are going to end by way of a few of the instruments it is important to troubleshoot concerns which may happen together with your hosted infrastructure. This comprises the right way to use CPU, community, disk and reminiscence administration instruments akin to most sensible, netstat, iostat and vmstat.
Author Syed Ali is a senior web site reliability engineering supervisor, who has broad adventure with virtualization and Linux cloud dependent infrastructure. His earlier adventure as an entrepreneur in infrastructure computing bargains him deep perception into how a enterprise can leverage the facility of Linux to their virtue. He brings his specialist wisdom to this booklet to coach others how one can ideal their Linux environments. develop into a Linux infrastructure seasoned with Practical Linux Infrastructure today.
What you’ll learn
- installation company Linux infrastructure
• Create networks, firewalls, load balancers
• set up Postfix, Cacti, Nagios, Apache, MySQL
• utilizing Google Cloud Platform (GCP) prone
• hassle shootings instruments corresponding to most sensible, tcpdump, iostat, vmstat
• utilizing iptables to guard your host
• set up a GIT server for resource code configuration management
• Use rlog for log collections
Who this publication is for
This e-book is perfect for Linux process directors who're at the moment coping with small to medium measurement Linux infrastructure environments and want to easy methods to deal with enterprise-level infrastructures. you may be conversant in simple process management, or website reliability engineering paintings, yet are looking to the right way to construct major, pro-level Linux infrastructure.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: coping with huge Scale Infrastructure
2. bankruptcy : Hosted Cloud strategies utilizing Google Cloud Platform
3. bankruptcy 3: Virtualization with KVM
4. bankruptcy 4: MySQL, Git, Postfix
5. bankruptcy 5: Configuration administration with Puppet
6. bankruptcy Six: Apache for Enterprise-level Fault Tolerance
7. bankruptcy Seven: tracking with Nagios & development research with Cacti
8. bankruptcy 8: DNS utilizing Bind and DHCP
9. bankruptcy 9: Log assortment, OpenVPN, Iptables
10. bankruptcy Ten: Troubleshooting Tools